Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground connamon
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 boxed chocolate cake m ix (do not use cake mix with pudding or chocolate syrup)
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
For Cream Cheese Filling
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla in mixer on low speed until combined; set aside.
For Streusel Topping
- Mix sugar, flour, and cinnamon in medium bowl with fork.
- Mix in butter until crumbly; set aside.
For Chocolate Cake
- Prepare cake batter according to package direction.
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray muffin pans with cooking spray or line with paper baking cups.
- Fill each muffin cup halfway with chocolate batter.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese filling on top of chocolate batter.
- Sprinkle streusel topping over muffins.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the chocolate comes out clean. Note: The cream cheese center should remain moist.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing from molds.
Yield: 24 Cupcakes