- Nonstick Spray
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 heaping teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- salt, pinch
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Use a pan with a nonstick surface or apply a little nonstick spray.
- In a blender or with mixer, combine all ingredients except the egg until smooth.
- Beat egg white separately and then mix with dough.
- Laddle approximately 1/3 cup of the batter into the hot skillet, forming 5 inch circles.
- When edges appear to harden, after a minute or two, flip the pancakes.
- Cook pancakes on the other side for same amount of time, until golden brown.
Yield: 8 to 10 pancake